The museum’s maritime archaeologists have broad expertise in archaeology. Operations primarily focus on shipwrecks and other underwater remains, but we also conduct land-based surveys. These archaeological contract operations are governed by the Cultural Environment Act.
We offer various types of maritime archaeological services, such as:
- Archaeological surveys in accordance with the Cultural Environment
- ActArchaeological exploration
- Inspections of maritime remains and cultural heritage environments
- Cultural-historical documentation for environmental impact assessments
- Support for clients who request archaeological investigations, etc.
You can also contact us if you have other questions concerning the maritime archaeology or cultural heritage of the Baltic Sea.
Telephone: +46 (0)8 519 549 47